Obtaining Graduate Faculty Status

In order for a faculty member to obtain Graduate Faculty Status they must:

  • Submit vitae or resume to department head.
  • Department head writes a memo requesting either: regular graduate faculty status or status to serve on a student’s committee.
  • The memo and vitae/resume are routed through the dean of the College to the dean of the Graduate School and the Graduate Council sub-committee for graduate faculty.
  • Approved appointments are generally 3-5 years or for the period of the student’s committee.